MEA Attestation


The process of authenticating a document to a level so that another country can accept it as genuine is known as Attestation or Legalization. Attestation is done for all the nations, which are not a member of Hague Convention. Ministry of External Affairs attests the true copy or the original of the documents to be used in another country.

Types of document attested:

Education Certificates Attestation is required to obtain an employment visa or labour card for most of the company assigned designations ( Executive, Manager, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) etc.)

a) Attestation on non-educational certificates is required to obtain residence visa for wife, children, in-laws etc.
b) Transfer certificate needs to get attested in case of children from the respective embassy.

a) To get the right to sell properties in Home Country
b) When a partner in home country want to discontinue LCC partnership in another country
c) To open Bank account in host country
d) To form a company in host country (Company Registration)

Doctors, nurses, pharmacists and other specialised professionals need to get their experience certificate attested. In addition, if planning to appear for Ministry of Health (MOH) and Department of Health (DOH) examination, getting experience certificate attested is mandatory from the respective Embassy. b) UPDA registration for Engineers

Personal documents – Home/General Administration Department

 Educational documents – Educational Department

 Commercial documents – Chamber of Commerce

Legalisation of documents:

After the authentication of those documents the Ministry of External Affairs legalises those documents on the basis of the signature of the designated signing authorities of the State.

Attention needed!

Middle Eastern countries have predominantly mandated Medical Tests and complete Health Check for overseas candidates. This is purely intended to ascertain suitable health condition of the applicant, and ensure there is nil known possibility of any transmittable diseases.